Thursday 19 May 2011

Excavating the old Policy Police stories

Or at least it's felt a bit like that. Some of the stories I've redrawn for the upcoming book are approaching two years old. It's made me very aware of how different the stories look these days. The early ones were pretty rough, but that didn't matter, really. I was just pushing ahead with the story and showing myself that I could put words and pictures together in a way that other people could respond to.

I pretty much took Paint as far as any sensible person could, and Manga Studio has definitely moved me up several layers by comparison. And there's so much in it that I haven't really tried yet. I'm sure that in a year's time I'll be looking back at the stuff I'm doing now and realising all the other stuff I could have done....

I'm really tempted to go back to the original story (for the third, maybe fourth time depending how you count) and re-draw it, to make it look as good as I think the new one does. But perhaps that way lies madness. Probably better to try and think of new stories. Less boring for the readers I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment